Tuesday 4 June 2013

Fulham Palace Art Fair: Millie McCallum

The Fulham Palace Art Fair returned this year, bringing an eclectic mix of artwork to a gloomy afternoon in London. The fair was packed with admirable artists; one of them being my uncle, with his breathtaking 'Jewel of the Universe'. But there was also another artist, Millie McCallum, whose work really caught my eye.

Below is a stunning selection of McCallum's work. All pieces featured in this blog are available for purchase (that's if you love it as much as I do!). Take a look...


 Kipling Cotes, watercolour and ink on paper 110cm x 77 cm

Those of you who've read my blog for a while now will know that when it comes to colour, I'm a sucker for black and white, with a contrasting splash of brightness. This painting has 'Jasmin' written all over it...


 'Dean' Linocut. 100 cm x 70 cm £400

How could it be that I love this piece so much? Perhaps my love of Monkeys... Perhaps my love of Red Indian inspired headdresses... Or perhaps the fact that both are put together in a beautiful and artistic way?!


Kipling Cotes, watercolour and ink on paper 110cm x 77 cm

I just love the emotion on this tiger's face. Alongside vibrant, fresh colours and a delicate style of painting, this piece has a wonderfully dreamy feel. Though much less 'modern' than I would usually go for, it's gorgeous in its own blissful way...


 'Rita' Linocut. 100 cm x 70 cm £400

A super stylish piece here, 'Rita' the ostridge would look divine against a feature wall! A supermodel of an ostridge she is... Would you just look at those pins!


'Peggy' Edition of 50. 50 cm x 70 cm £150

Last but not least, meet 'Peggy' the flamingo. She's looking good, feeling fine, and she's ready to hit festival season in style this year! Nothing like some artwork to suit the summer vibes...

If you love Millie McCallum's work and my blog alone hasn't given you your fix, check out her awesome site. Here, you can wonder through beaut artwork all day long - despite missing the Fulham Palace Art Fair...

Which painting is your favourite? 
Let me know! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment